The Inspire Festival will be held in Edmundston from June 20 to 25. At least three monumental murals will be painted in downtown Edmundston by muralists from the Madawaska area and elsewhere in the country.
The Inspire Festival also offers six days of free artistic programming. Several flagship events are on the program, including :
- Balade Vélo-Disco, a bike ride for the whole family, where costumes and disco music are de rigueur. Follow the golf cart, decorated with pink flamingos and glitter, all in music and light, to discover the new murals!
- Drive-in evening, after the Balade Vélo-Disco, in partnership with the Festival international du film francophone (FICFA), end the evening by watching a short film. Popcorn included!
- Double-header concert, with neo-soul jazz band Le Coude and none other than electro-punk-disco band Spoutnique. Yes, that's free too!
- The Inspire Tent will be setting up shop for the first time at the park located at the intersection of Canada Road and De l'Église Street from Wednesday to Saturday evening. Local drinks will be served on the terrace of the tent with the best view in town.
- The site will also host the Inspire family event featuring live music, artists and artisans, giant bubbles, circus workshops, acrobatics, performance art and a fire show. Throughout the week, the Tent will host fun events for adults and children.
The coming of the Inspire Festival to Edmundston will also encourage cultural development in the region, thanks to a mentoring program for young muralists, networking meetings for the industry and superb visibility for local artists in the